Sunday, January 11, 2009

Martha's Visit

Dear Everett,
For just a few hours, Marshal had yet another girlfriend. Her name is Martha, another foster with A Rotta Love Plus (the wonderful organization who brought Big Boy to us).
Martha is another pit bull. Unless we end up with a Rottweiler, all the pups we bring home from ARLP will be pibbles. She is all black with white accents, including a little white snip on her nose. She's slight--weighed yesterday at 42 lbs--and estimated age is 7 - 8 months. Her foster mama had to work today, so we picked up this little delight early, for some extra attention prior to the Adoption Day in the afternoon.
Martha has been in foster care since August. She is a treasure. Her foster mama, Marie, expects the same polite manners from Martha as her own two resident labs. The results are obvious! Martha is a very well behaved, confident, inquisitive young lady.
Did I already mention Martha is smallish?
But certainly not meek!
She knocked Big Boy over a few times.
Most of the early morning pics didn't turn out, due to lack of light.
So we headed back inside, to wait for the sun. Boy was it worth the wait!!
This is my favorite photo of Martha and Marshal. I've placed it in all the posts I've done of them, but I hope it is the only redundant photo in all of these. I took over 1000 pictures of M & M.
Martha completely wore Marshal out. That panting you see above was real--in 10 degree weather he is overheated! Later in the day he struggled to rise, so shame on me for letting him overextend himself. While I really hope Martha comes to visit us again, I will be more mindful of Big Boy's exersion. And maybe Paisle will come into the mix too? We'll see!

No comments: