Monday, January 12, 2009

Double shot of snow, followed by a sub-zero chaser

Hi Everett,
We are creeping up on the day your tumor was discovered. Boy are you glad you are absent (physically only, little girl), as tomorrow's high temperature should be about 5 degrees below zero. Welcome, the historically coldest week of the year.

The pups loved our new snow today. I went to work early, and came home early too before the driving conditions followed the temperature. I passed 5 spin outs, and two accidents (one already had an ambulance on hand) on my way home. What a mess! We have about 6 inches of new snow on the ground.
The pups didn't seem to care. I introduced a tennis ball, and the temp might as well have been in the 70's. I lost feeling in my fingers holding the camera; when I almost dropped it for the third time I finally herded the pups inside.Knowing the super-cold is on the way, we went for a walk as soon as my work day ended, and then went back to the yard for some more running around. It will be cold, colder, coldest these next three days, so I wanted to wear them out as much as possible today and tonight, in the new fresh snow.
Marshal posed nicely in the dark--that is the moon behind him. Clear skies mean the temperature is dropping....

No comments: